Treating Your Heartburn: Finding Out Which Heartburn Treatment’s Best For You
Sponsored By: PRILOSEC OTC ®
Heartburn treatment can depend on a lot of variables: symptom frequency and severity; diet, medication and illness history. Read on to find out which questions you need to ask and which ones you must answer in order to get the most effective heartburn treatment possible.
Heartburn Treatment 101
- How Is Heartburn Treated?
Evaluate the type of heartburn you are suffering to determine the best course of treatment.
- 10 Things Your Doctor Needs to Know About Your Heartburn
For the most effective care, be prepared to provide answers to the following questions.
- 13 Questions to Ask Your Health-Care Professional About Your Treatment
Take this list with you to your appointment.
Heartburn Treatment's Side Effects
- Can I Take More Than One Heartburn Medication?
Or can you increase the daily dose if one dose does not provide adequate relief?
- Can Heartburn Medications Cause Cancer?
A look at the connections between heartburn treatments and esophageal cancer.
Taking Heartburn Treatment to the Next Level
- Surgery and Persistent Heartburn
Because of the effectiveness of medications, surgery is uncommon. But there are two outpatient options for some.
- When Heartburn Goes From Bad to Worse
There's an increase in symptom frequency and discomfort. What now?
Heartburn Treatment Advice from the Experts
- What's the difference between an antacid and an acid suppressor?
Find out the important difference between an acid suppressor and an acid neutralizer.
- My doctor recommended that I take an OTC PPI 14-day regimen for my frequent heartburn.. Will I need to take it for the rest of my life?
Learn what an OTC regimen means for the long term.
- Are there any surgical procedures for treating persistent heartburn, GERD or acid reflux disease?
Surgery is an option for a small number of persistent heartburn sufferers whose symptoms cannot be controlled with medications and lifestyle changes.
- Are there any natural remedies for heartburn I can try?
A number of natural and home remedies for heartburn are being promoted, especially on the Internet.