Heartburn Prevention: Tips On How to Avoid Heartburn
Sponsored By: PRILOSEC OTC ®
Heartburn prevention starts with being aware of your body. Therefore, it's a good idea to monitor what you eat, how often you exercise and the stressors in your life. In the following articles you'll discover easy tips, tricks, and advice on how you can stop heartburn before it starts.
Heartburn Prevention: Diet
- 10 Tips for Eating Well — While Avoiding Heartburn
No, you don't have to give up all your favorite foods. Try these tips.
- A Not-So-Happy Hour?
How alcohol can fire up heartburn.
- Modify Your Menu!
Cooking, shopping and dining-out tips to help avoid heartburn — without sacrificing the tastes you love.
Heartburn Prevention: Lifestyle
- 4 Ways to Avoid Exercise-Induced Heartburn
Go ahead and work out — but try these tips to block the burn.
- 4 Ways to Stress Less
Understanding the stress-heartburn connection.
- Resources to Help You Kick the Habit
Need more reason to stop smoking? It may be causing your heartburn.
Heartburn Prevention Advice From the Experts
- I started getting heartburn more often after I gained a few pounds. Can weight loss help prevent heartburn?
Absolutely. Being overweight or obese is a significant risk factor for heartburn.
- I love going out for dinner and drinks with friends, but I always leave with heartburn. What can I do?
Lots of people overindulge when they eat out. The key is to avoid certain foods and keep your portions under control.
- Are there foods I can eat that will help alleviate my heartburn?
Sound scientific evidence for the heartburn-relieving properties of foods is scarce.
- I've heard that drinking milk can quell my heartburn. Is this true?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that milk can provide relief of heartburn for some people, at least temporarily.